Monday, August 17, 2009

Real Labour, False Labour?!? Can Someone Throw Me a Fricken Bone?

Well my dearest munchkin, the body of an overdue pregnant woman is certainly an enigma. I thought, as today went on, that you would soon (at least in the next 24 hours) make your appearance but once again, I'm not so sure. The contractions I had been experiencing for most of the day have slowed *sniff sniff* which is the reverse of what should happen. Apparently they pick up in speed and intensity, not the other way around. If you are like your mum, you don't like being told what to do, but physiologically this is the way it has to be in order for you to leave your cozy nest. Your dad excitedly posted his wonderful and funny blog entry and I hate to bring down the vibe but I worry about giving false hope to the many people who are eagerly anticipating your arrival. Heck, I gave myself false hope and now I sit in an immaculate home (I had cleaned all day thinking we would have visitors sooner rather than later) with an unnecessary watch on my wrist (to time contractions) facing the likelihood of yet ANOTHER baby-free evening. I think I am going to soothe myself with ice cream.

Granted early labour can last a looooooong time so perhaps there is still hope. Please munchkin, let's not disappoint - everyone say it with me 'Sean, head towards the light!'

No comments:

Post a Comment