Sunday, June 14, 2009

A belly, a boy, gifts and such.

Hey bud - it's dad here. I know, I know, I haven't stopped in to add to your little novela lately but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you or love you any less. Quite the opposite, actually. Your parents' lives are consumed with love and your much anticipated pending arrival (longest. pregnancy. ever.). I'm pretty sure your faithful followers feel you should be about 9 years old by now. I'll try to catch up on a few things for you here.
Your beautiful mum and I will be married 7 years tomorrow (7 is the 'card' gift year) and the only 'itch' is my back that constantly yearns for a good scratching. We're on our 3rd home together, 4th place as a married couple, and I have now come to realize that this lovely home we now share is no longer ours - it is yours. Yep, you're still in your mum's belly but the house is beginning to fill up with your things. Many of your things have been gifted with love by the very many folks that can't wait for you to get into this crazy world. You'll quickly learn that friends, family and love make the world go 'round. Your mum has also picked up a few things for you and, yep, so has your dear old dad. I popped into the shop on the way home from work the other day to grab some sundry items and immediately felt compelled to get you a couple more things to add to what I've already picked up for you. You now have yet another toy Jeep (mum says I have to put up a shelf in your room now), this really cool motorboat for the tub (it'll stay in the package til you're old enough for the tub) and your very first Team Canada hockey jersey. I figure next year you can wear it while we watch the World Juniors together.
We've been pretty busy lately going here and there for showers, family reunions, trips to Granny's and stop-ins to the cottage (you won't be going next year - Granny's gonna watch you while we catch up on old times :-). Your mum has been great and by all accounts you've seemed to enjoy these excursions with us. You're very, very, very active in there. At our last ultrasound we were sooooooo looking forward to getting a good photo of your tiny, growing face to see if you looked like your mum or me. You were as per usual unco-operative and in the only shot we got of you, you didn't look like either of us. You looked like Wilford Brimley. Odd. Maybe it was a playoff 'stash. Oh yeah, Sidney Crosby won his first Cup on Friday night. Your mum wouldn't let you watch...
I took the hard top and doors off your Jeep this weekend and did some booting around. You were loving it. Well, that's what I thought anyways. Your mum said you were wind-swept and napping. Whatever. It's a nice feeling as a soon-to-be dad knowing that someday I get to hand these keys over to you. Unless, of course, you decide you're not a Jeep guy and would prefer a little Honda. I'll still love you but I would be disappointed. And so would your mum. Never, ever, ever disappoint your mum.
So all in all life is good, Sean. You should be outta there in about 8 or 9 weeks (hopefully I never say that to you thru a glass panel on a corded phone). I can't tell you how excited I am Sean. Keep on doing what you're doing in there, keep enjoying the daily ice cream, and start preparing yourself for a lifetime of love and fun with your parents. See you soon, bud.

Love already,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment