Friday, February 20, 2009

15 Week Checkup!

Good morning Munchkin!

I haven't written in awhile because quite frankly, there's not a heck of a lot going on here. Right now my life consists of eating, sleeping, working and entertaining the pooches (and other duties as assigned). I really feel fantastic and am so grateful to have bypassed morning sickness and some of the other ailments I read about on pregnancy boards. In fact, with the exception of random facial acne (which is bringing back horrible memories of my teen years), excessive flatulence, pale skin, raging hormones (which cause me to cry at the drop of a hat) and weight gain - I am positively glowing!

Your dad continues to be a fantastic support and bends to my every whim. If I am on the couch and am hungry/thirsty/warm/cold he makes every effort to rectify the situation, even at the risk of his own discomfort. I need to reign in my demands though because I don't want his patience to run out before I am at the end of this journey. The 'journeys end' being me in mid-July laying on the couch like a beached whale, physically unable to get up by myself for a glass of water ... or 6 pack of pudding cups. Yes, I need to ensure the longevity of this reign of power. I am now 15 weeks (woo hoo!) but still have 25 weeks and many, many bra sizes to go.

On Monday we go back to the Doctor whom your father has affectionately renamed 'Dr. Vertigo' though I am assuming his condition will have improved by this visit. I am hoping that he rolls out the ultrasound machine again but know that even if he doesn't we get to see you in just under three weeks! Cute fact - you are frequently getting the hiccups now, though I can't feel them. Your dad frequently gets the hiccups on a Saturday night after a few adult beverages - see how much you have in common already?!?

Anyways Babe, thinking and speaking of you always. Stay snug in there and grow nice and strong.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment